Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A close friend of mine....

Dr. Cornelius' Poetry Corner
THE WATERMARK-WATCHER EDITIONS

(This is the first edition of DCPC on my blog. It is in existence on my computer already, as a sort of 'publishable' form for the rest of my poems, found in my physical poembooks. This first poem is Nameless, and is lighthearted and basic... it's just a starter.)


So, there’s this matter I knew a bit about,
And sang about it just the other day,
And then another sort-of fellow said
Yes, he said something about that thing,
That I think is very interesting,
Though I really can’t remember what he said,
But he said it, so that’s why I remember anything,
Because how could you forget what he said?
Though, of course, I always forget everything,
So I’ve often wondered what would happen
If there was something that no one could forget
But what if a person who forgot everything learned it,
Then…
Well, this is what happens;
I forgot what it was,
But I certainly know he said it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home