Monday, February 14, 2005

Silvertide's Welcome Easing

Time to perform a life analysis.

Oh, how ironic.

I just may lose my lisense in the process of buying a car. Heh. I was pulled over before Christmas for an expired inspection label. I, of course, didn't have the car registration, because when I bought the car (with a check that would later cause troubles), the kind old lady couldn't find the title deed. I bought the car from the wife of Adelia's grandfather's brother -- Adelia's great-aunt. So, it was all the more important that nothing went wrong, (Adelia, you see, is the heartbreaker from my earlier posts). The officer believed my story, and gave my a warning. So, a month passes, and I'm just cruisin' along, driving home from work with sleep on my mind, and I get pulled over. Apparently, it was 22 miles over the speed limit that I was 'cruisin''. So, I get a ticket, and have an entirely harder time convincing the cop that it was really my car. He consents, but tickets me for the damn speeding, and for driving an unregistered car... The fines, 139, and 160. Joy.

So, the very next day, on my way to find a bloody video store for my Politics and Religion class, and guess who pulls me over? Yep. Same cop from the first time and second time--- in fact, we both at that point realized who we were -- "Hey, haven't I pulled you over before?"

"Yeah. Uh... heh. You look familiar." I had no idea what to say.

I, for some reason, actually tried to out run the cop -- I'd done it before, back home, with my lights off and the back roads memorized. However, I didn't know where the hell I was going, and got cornered. He leaps out of the car, and points his angry finger, "You can run, but you can't hide!"

"I wasn't running, officer."
"Yeah, I'm sure. Lisense and registration?"
"Well, you see, I just recently purchased this car, but I haven't gotten a chance to register it yet--"
"Yeah. I'm sure. Probably don't even have a lisense, either."

Aheh. Since I'd just been pulled over, my lisense was whoknowswhere. And I didn't have that. So, luckily, he was the same guy, and my excuse was true -- I was looking for a video store.

I was ticketed for the registration. That was eighty four bucks, which I cannot afford, but paid for anyway today, after driving an hour through the sticks to find the bloody magistrate's office, that silly mapquest failed to provide proper directions for.

I pay 243 a month for my insurance. I have an exorbient electric bill, 200 bucks, because it's electric heat, and incidentally, it is also winter. I've already paid my rent for the year in advance, along with my water and utilities. So that's good.

I still need to buy my car a muffler, because the old one--bad as it was-- fell off. Plus, I need to pay for the inspection, and whatever other problems it has. Like an oil change.

So, let's see. I owe about 300 for fines, plus my insurance, and internet bill, and eletric bill: That totals = 700 dollars, approximately. Add in food and gas, and I'm getting very poor. Not that I'm not already a college student.

Oh well. It gets worse before it gets better.... so it must be getting really good if this is the worst....

Anyway, that's it for this post. This says nothing to my love life, and the Adelia thing, or my new understanding of my life goals, and my novel's progress. I'll post those next time. So until then, adios.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home